2021 Summer Camp!
Children ages 6 to 12 will enjoy a week of art activities and science experiments.
- Drop off 9:00-9:15
- Pick up 4:30-4:45
- Monday, June 21st – Friday June 25th (registration and full payment due by Monday, June 8th for the early-bird discount) – FULL
- Monday, July 12th – Friday, July 16th (Early-bird discount deadline is June 28th) – FULL
- Monday, July 26th – Friday, July 30th (Early-bird discount deadline is July 12th) – FULL
- Members: $225*
- Non-members: $250*
- *Registrations made after the designated early-bird deadlines above will result in an additional $25 fee.
Registration is REQUIRED. We DO NOT accept walk-ups. Space is very limited due to social distancing requirements.
Please read all the details and fine print below before you register as we have new safety measures in place.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email. In this email you will find a link to the Summer Camp Registration Form. You MUST complete this form for your registration to be complete. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam/junk folder. You can download a Summer Camp Registration Form here and return it to email@example.com.
All the Details:
- Included in payment: Hands On! t-shirt, activity and experiment supplies, outdoor play, and exploration time in the exhibit spaces.
- Campers need to bring a NUT FREE lunch with drink, and two (2) NUT FREE snacks with drinks daily. We do not have the capacity to refrigerate or microwave your child’s snacks or lunch.
- Please be sure to apply sunscreen and insect repellent on your child daily BEFORE arrival.
- ALL campers need to bring extra sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat, a refillable water bottle, extra clothes, and extra shoes daily.
- Face Masks (medical grade or fabric) with a minimum of two layers are required each day and must be over both the mouth and nose at all times. Hands On! does not supply masks for campers. We recommend sending an extra mask in the event of the primary mask being lost or breaking. Please check to ensure the mask your camper wears fits well to avoid any discomfort or issues with a proper fit over the mouth and nose. Neck gaiters, face shields, bandannas, scarves, balaclava, dust masks, and masks with valves are not an accepted substitute for a two-layer face mask
The Fine Print:
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration. You will receive a full refund if you cancel at least 2 weeks prior to the start date. If a cancellation is made less than 2 weeks in advance, we will retain a $75 cancellation fee. Click on the above link to make your payment and register. You will receive a confirmation email that include your participant information form. Please return completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot hold your spot without BOTH the payment and your participant information form.
- Campers must be 6 years old by June 1, 2021 and no older than 12 years old on July 31, 2021. Proof of age may be requested. All campers must be able to sit in a classroom setting for an extended period of time. If staff has been purposefully misinformed of a child’s age, all fees paid will be forfeited and the camper dismissed.
- All campers must be fully toilet trained. Campers not fully toilet trained will be dismissed from camp.
- Hands On! reserves the right to cancel any camp and fully refund payments in the event a camp is canceled based on attendance/registration or unforeseen circumstances.
- Parents/guardians must sign each child in and out of camp each day. We are unable to accommodate early arrivals, or late pick-ups. Failure to comply with pick-up times may result in your camper being dismissed.
- Keep toys, books, and all other personal belongings at home. Hands On! is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items.
- To ensure a fun, effective, and consistent experience, we ask that parents/guardians/siblings may not present during camp, however, they are welcome to visit HODC during the duration of the camp (general admission costs apply).
- We reserve the right to dismiss a camper based on behavior issues, aggression, foul language, or failure to follow rules.
- All fees paid will be forfeited in the event of any dismissal.
We’re taking several preventative safety measures to keep you and your campers healthy, including:
- Camp sessions are scheduled to take place at a lower capacity due to COVID-19. We are able to take up to 20 campers total per session. Those campers will be divided up into two smaller groups as much as possible to limit exposure.
- Check in and check out will occur outside of the main entrance.
- Campers’ health will be screened daily through a series of questions asked to parents and campers, as well as, temperature checks.
- Camp staff and camp attendees will wear face masks at all times. The exception to this will be during lunch/snack time. Meals will be eaten outside with a minimum of 6 feet of distance between each camper while eating without a mask.
- Camp will primarily be held in the outdoor classroom to provide a well-ventilated space.Campers will be utilizing closed off and/or reserved areas of the museum during business hours to allow for distancing from other museum visitors.
- When possible, materials will be designated to each camper to avoid cross-contamination.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing breaks will be scheduled throughout each day.
- All general safety and Covid-19 protocols will be required to be followed by all staff and campers at all times. Please visit the Play & Wellness guidelines tab at visithandson.org for more details.
Additional COVID-19 protocols:
- If a camper fails to meet the screening question requirements or presents with a temperature at check-in, they will not be able to attend for the day. Hands On! has a zero tolerance policy regarding any individual exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- If a camper tests positive, campers and associated camp staff will be considered “close contact” and camp will be canceled. Prorated refunds will apply.
- If a family or household member of a camper exhibits symptoms and is being tested, the camper must not attend camp. The camper must be quarantined until the results of the family or household member returns. Prorated refunds will apply.
- If a family or household member receives a positive test result, the camper is now considered a “close contact” and must quarantine for 14 days. The camper must be symptom-free and receive a negative test result before returning to camp.
- If the family or household member receives a negative test result, the camper is not considered a “close contact” and may return to in-person class.
For More Information:
Please email email@example.com for more information. You may send in the participant information form to the above email or deliver in person.