The health and safety of our visitors is our first priority.
- Impermeable face masks that completely cover the nose and mouth are required for everyone age 4 and older for the duration of the visit. If guests do not have their own face masks they will be provided one upon entry.
- Extra sanitizers are available throughout the facility and at the front desk.
- Guests are asked to social distance at least 6 feet from other guests, groups may stay together.
- Children must be supervised by an adult age 18+ and stay with their group at all times.
- Guided tours and additional programs are temporarily suspended.
- Individual exhibit halls may be limited to a maximum number of individuals at one time.
- Certain exhibits may be modified or temporarily offline to ensure proper sanitation and cleanliness.
- Some exhibits may be temporarily closed, including the Paleo Tower.
Additional cleaning measures are being implemented for all areas of the Discovery Center including daily deep cleanings and any staff member who is ill or exhibiting any symptoms is told to stay home.
Guests who have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or those with symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea are asked to visit another day. If a student arrives with a group showing symptoms, Hands On! will ask a teacher to stay with the student in a separate area of the museum until a parent arrives to take the child home.
Regardless of the season, Hands On! continues to diligently keep all areas of the museum clean for your safety.
Good habits for keeping healthy:
- Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based cleaner.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw tissues in the trash after use. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow instead of your hand.