- Supervise children at all times.
- Use your walking feet.
- Use your inside voice.
- Put away what you play with.
- No food or drink in the exhibit area.
The health and safety of our visitors is our first priority. While we are still learning about the COVID 19 virus, we have begun to take steps to further ensure the health of our staff and visitors.
- All interactive exhibits and public use areas are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day and we have increased the frequency of these cleanings
- Certain interactive exhibits are removed from the floor for deep cleaning and replaced throughout the day.
- Portable hand washing stations and extra sanitizers have been ordered and will be available throughout the facility
- Any staff member who is ill or exhibiting any symptoms is told to stay home
Regardless of the season, Hands On! continues to diligently keep all areas of the museum clean for your safety.
We ask that anyone with symptoms of illness, including fever and cough, please remain at home and visit us only once you have recovered.
If a student arrives with a group showing symptoms, Hands On! will ask a teacher to stay with the student in a separate area of the museum until a parent arrives to take the child home.
Good habits for keeping healthy:
- Wash your hands often with warm soapy water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based cleaner.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw tissues in the trash after use. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow instead of your hand.